CLMP Directory of Independent Literary Publishers
Welcome to the online CLMP Directory of independent literary publishers, a digital resource and offspring of CLMP’s former annual print directory.
Browse presses, magazines, and online publishers alphabetically using the top navigation bar. Search for a specific press by entering its name or choosing a format from the dropdown menu.
African Voices Communications
- Type of organization
- Web address
- Social media platforms used
African Voices, a non-profit arts organization, is devoted to presenting art, literature and film by artists of color.
- Is your group affiliated with a University, portal or other agency?
- Primary editor/Contact person
Carolyn A. Butts
- Contact title
essays, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, reviews, art, translation
African Voices publishes compelling fiction, poetry and art by people of color.
- Representative authors
Willie Perdomo, Nalo Hopkinson, Ngugi wa Thiong'o
- Submissions policy
Please submit no more than three poems at a time. Fiction stories between 300 to 2,500 words are considered for publication.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted
- Reading period
- Reporting time
1 - 3 months
- Author Payments
Periodic fiction and poetry contests are announced.
- Number of paid staff
- Number of unpaid staff
Ingram and Ubiquity
- CLMP Member?
- How many writers did you publish in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- How many live events did you present in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- ISSN Number
- Total Circulation
- Paid Subscriptions
- Individual Price
12 / Institution $12
- Single Copy Price
- Back Issues Available
- Ad Rate
Full page $1,200; .
- Unsolicited Manuscripts Accepted
- If Yes, What Percent Of All Unsolicited MSS Are Published?
11 - 8.5
- Average Number of Pages