Community of Literary Magazines and Presses
Welcome to the CLMP Directory of independent literary publishers, a digital resource and offspring of CLMP’s former annual print directory.
Browse presses, magazines, and online publishers alphabetically using the top navigation bar. Search for a specific press by entering its name or choosing a format from the dropdown menu.
- Type of organization
- Web address
- Social media platforms used
- Mission Statement / Editorial Focus
Biannual print and e-book collections. Weekly online magazine. Provocative, risk-taking, immaculately crafted fiction, poetry, and narrative nonfiction. Write fearlessly. Read dangerously.
- Is your group affiliated with a University, portal or other agency?
- If Yes, please name
- Primary editor/Contact person
- Contact title
essays, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, art, translation
Features previously unpublished innovative contemporary fiction, poetry, drama, art, essays, interviews, and translations.
- Recent Awards Received
Recent contributors have received Pushcart, Best American Short Stories, Best American Experimental Writing, & O Henry awards
- Representative authors
William H. Gass, Joyce Carol Oates, Rick Moody
- Submissions policy
Accepts previously unpublished submissions only. No electronic or simultaneous submissions will be considered. Please include SASE. (See website for details
- Simultaneous submissions accepted
- Reading period
- Reporting time
1 - 3 months
- Author Payments
- Number of paid staff
- Number of unpaid staff
Ubiquity (print), Open Road Integrated Media (e-books)
JSTOR, EBSCOhost, Humanities International Complete
- CLMP Member?
- How many writers did you publish in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- How many live events did you present in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- ISSN Number
- Total Circulation
- Paid Subscriptions
- Individual Price
$18 US, $40 international
- Insitutional Price
- Single Copy Price
- Back Issues Available
- Ad Rate
$150: full page / $250: 2 facing pages
- Unsolicited Manuscripts Accepted
- If Yes, What Percent Of All Unsolicited MSS Are Published?
9 - 6
- Average Number of Pages