Community of Literary Magazines and Presses
Welcome to the CLMP Directory of independent literary publishers, a digital resource and offspring of CLMP’s former annual print directory.
Browse presses, magazines, and online publishers alphabetically using the top navigation bar. Search for a specific press by entering its name or choosing a format from the dropdown menu.
- Type of organization
- Web address
- Social media platforms used
Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter
- Mission Statement / Editorial Focus
Gargoyle Magazine has always been a scallywag magazine, a maverick magazine, a bit too academic for the underground and way too underground for the academics.
- Is your group affiliated with a University, portal or other agency?
- Primary editor/Contact person
- Contact title
essays, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, art, translation, audio
We tend to be edgy and bent. We collect books and mags, love to read and write, and actually believe lit matters. Silly us.
- Representative authors
Toby Olson, Elizabeth Swados, Kit Reed
- Submissions policy
Prefer electronic submissions via our Submittable Engine or in the body of an email. Snail mail is last option.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted
- Reading period
From 6 / 1 - 6 / 21
- Reporting time
1 - 3 months
- Author Payments
- Number of paid staff
- Number of unpaid staff
- CLMP Member?
- How many writers did you publish in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- How many live events did you present in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- ISSN Number
- ISBN Number
- Total Circulation
- Paid Subscriptions
- Individual Price
- Insitutional Price
- Single Copy Price
- Back Issues Available
- Ad Rate
$100 full-page; $60 1/2 page
- Unsolicited Manuscripts Accepted
- If Yes, What Percent Of All Unsolicited MSS Are Published?
- Average Number of Pages