Community of Literary Magazines and Presses
Welcome to the CLMP Directory of independent literary publishers, a digital resource and offspring of CLMP’s former annual print directory.
Browse presses, magazines, and online publishers alphabetically using the top navigation bar. Search for a specific press by entering its name or choosing a format from the dropdown menu.
North American Review
- Type of organization
- Primary editor/Contact person
essays, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, reviews, art, translation
We are interested in high-quality poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and art on any subject.
- Representative authors
Gary Gildner, Maxine Hong Kingston, Marilyn Hacker
- Submissions policy
Address Submissions to: Fiction Editor or Poetry Editor or Nonfiction Editor or Book Review Editor
- Simultaneous submissions accepted
- Reading period
- Reporting time
3 - 6 months
- Author Payments
James Hearst Poetry Prize and Kurt Vonnegut Fiction Prize. See web site for contest guidelines.
- Number of paid staff
- Number of unpaid staff
- CLMP Member?
- How many writers did you publish in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- How many live events did you present in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- ISSN Number
- Total Circulation
- Paid Subscriptions
- Individual Price
22 / Institution $22
- Single Copy Price
- Back Issues Available
- Ad Rate
Request from managing editor; .
- Unsolicited Manuscripts Accepted
- If Yes, What Percent Of All Unsolicited MSS Are Published?
10 7/8 - 8 1/8
- Average Number of Pages