Community of Literary Magazines and Presses
Welcome to the CLMP Directory of independent literary publishers, a digital resource and offspring of CLMP’s former annual print directory.
Browse presses, magazines, and online publishers alphabetically using the top navigation bar. Search for a specific press by entering its name or choosing a format from the dropdown menu.
- Type of organization
- Web address
- Social media platforms used
- Mission Statement / Editorial Focus
Poet Lore publishes two 160-page issues each year, featuring a wide array of contemporary poets as well as essays on poetry and book reviews.
- Is your group affiliated with a University, portal or other agency?
- Primary editor/Contact person
- Contact title
Inviting all types of poetry, the editors look for a high level of craftsmanship, and imaginative use of language and image
- Representative authors
David Wagoner, Fleda Brown, Linda Pastan
- Submissions policy
3-5 poems typed, name and address on each. We accept long poems. Note stanza/p breaks. Reviewers: query with a writing sample
- Accepts unsolicited submissions?
- Simultaneous submissions accepted
- Reading period
- Reporting time
1 - 3 months
- Author Payments
- Number of paid staff
- Number of unpaid staff
EBSCO, Swets Blackwell, Harrassowitz
- CLMP Member?
- How many writers did you publish in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- How many live events did you present in your most recent year (calendar or fiscal)?
- ISSN Number
- Total Circulation
- Paid Subscriptions
- Individual Price
- Insitutional Price
- Single Copy Price
- Back Issues Available
- Ad Rate
full page $100, 1/2 page $50
- Unsolicited Manuscripts Accepted
- If Yes, What Percent Of All Unsolicited MSS Are Published?
9 - 6
- Average Number of Pages