This online system for accepting and managing written submissions for a magazine or press is easy to use, affordable, and flexible enough to work with any submission and reading process. SubmissionManager allows you to:
1. Accept submissions through your web site. You will be able to:
- Easily manage the genres that you accept.
- Control the number of submissions an author can make to your publication.
- Manage reading periods—the system goes on- or offline during designated reading periods.
2. Track submissions automatically:
- Submission manager eliminates the need for a separate tracking system.
- Submitters log their own address information into the database.
- Submitters can log into their account and see the status of their submission.
- Staff members can search submissions and contacts in a variety of ways.
- Staff members can instantly view all submissions by a given writer.
- The system sends out automatic emails confirming that a submission has been received.
3. Assign submissions to editors and readers:
- Staff members can view all submissions using their web browser.
- Top-level editors can control who on their staff can accept submissions and who can reject them.
- Top-level editors can sort and assign submissions by genre.
- Top-level editors can see which staff members have which submissions.
4. Accept or reject submissions individually or en masse, and create standard and personalized email rejections.
5. Customize the front end and back end appearance:
- All colors and fonts can be changed to work with your web design.
- Your logo can appear on all pages.
Required for installation:
- Web server
- PHP (version 4.3 or higher) with MySQL support—free download
- MySQL (version 4.1 or higher)—download free Community Edition
- SMTP application (if you want the system to send email notifications)
- Web Browser (set to accept cookies)
Please check with your hosting company / IT personnel to make sure that your server supports the necessary tools to run Submission Manager. If you wish to see a demo of Submission Manager or have any technical questions please contact Devin Emke via http://www.submissionmanager.net. No refunds after purchase.
SubmissionManager consists of a MySQL database with front end programmed in PHP.
Staff members access and use SubmissionManager through their web browser. It has been tested on a wide variety of current browsers including Internet Explorer 6.x, Firefox (any version), and Safari 2.x. Some features may not work on earlier versions of these browsers, but newer versions of all of these browsers are freely available. To read the documentation that accompanies SubmissionManager, click here.