Autumn House Full-Length Prizes in Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction
Winners of each prize receive publication of their full-length manuscripts. Each winner also receives $2,500 ($1,000 advance against royalties and a $1,500 travel/publicity grant to promote the book). The submission period opens on January 15 and closes on June 15 (Eastern Time). The reading fee for each is $30.
To submit online, please visit our online submission manager. The judges for the 2021 full-length prizes are Eileen Myles (poetry), Deesha Philyaw (fiction), and Steve Almond (nonfiction).
A Note on Publishing with Autumn House
At Autumn House, we see our relationships with our authors as partnerships. In that spirit, we work closely with our authors and support them in as many ways as we can, both during the editorial process and well beyond the book’s release. Starting in January 2020, Autumn House Press will offer all authors:
- 35 authors copies from the first print run, 15 author copies from any additional print runs
- 8 percent royalties on print titles and 15 percent on digital*
- 50 percent discount when purchasing additional copies of your title; 40 percent off any additional AHP titles
- Distribution through the University of Chicago Press
- 30 print galleys sent to major reviewer outlets 5-6 months prior to publication
- At least 20 finished review copies sent to reviewers and review outlets 1-3 months prior to publication; this list will be compiled with input from the author
- A post-publication prize package
- Book advertisements in prestigious journals such as Prairie Schooner, American Poetry Review, Women’s Review of Books, and more
- Support and guidance with the promotion of the title
- A pledge that your title will never go out of print