Guidelines and Instructions
Through funding from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, CLMP is pleased to offer our NYS literary presses, magazines, and chapbook and online publishers the opportunity to apply for grants between $500 and $2,000.
The NYSCA NYTAP Regrant Program serves as an interim step toward applying to NYSCA for organizations with budgets large enough to be eligible but without the capacity to apply, and for those publishers with budgets too small to be eligible to apply to NYSCA directly. All projects must focus on capacity building, not the routine costs of publishing. Examples of appropriate costs include consultant fees, software purchases, design expenses, author and guest editor fees, print accessibility projects for the blind, marketing efforts, and fundraising efforts. Final reporting is required from all grantees.
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Completed Application Form (found at the bottom of this page and submitted online).
2. Proposal Narrative (1-2 pages), including the following (numbered headings recommended):
3. Project Budget, showing expenses and income. Do not include items that are unrelated to the project.
4. Complete 2-year general operating (organizational) budget showing the current (estimated) and past (actual) fiscal years. This should be prepared as one budget with two columns comparing the two years (FY19 and FY20), showing both expenses and income. The budget figures for the most recently completed fiscal year (FY19) must be actual figures. Any large changes (approx. 10% or more) should be explained in accompanying budget notes.
5. Copy of the most recent 990 tax form.
6. Copy of 501(c)3 letter, NYS charities registration, or fiscal sponsor information.
7. Supporting Materials: One recent representative publication (or appropriate URL for online publications). If mailed, it must arrive by the deadline.
If you need help with your proposal, or if you would like to consult with CLMP staff about your application, please contact Montana Agte-Studier, Director of Membership & NYSCA NYTAP at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to contact us before submitting your proposal.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
Complete application, including all materials, must be received by CLMP by January 30, 2020, at 5PM (EST). This is not a postmark deadline. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Email applications to email@example.com
Or mail to:
Montana Agte-Studier, Director of Membership & NYSCA NYTAP
154 Christopher Street, Suite 3C
New York, NY 10014