Cleaver is a Philadelphia-based online magazine that provides a platform for underrepresented writers and artists producing work of the highest quality.
Cleaver exists to:
* elevate emerging voices, including young adults, alongside established writers.
* showcase Philadelphia literary voices among national and international literary artists.
* develop the editorial skills of young writers through our selective internship program.
* present balanced, insightful book reviews promoting work published by small presses as well as often-overlooked works in translation.
* represent the fullest diversity of literary art for all genres and content, advancing emerging contemporary literary forms.
Cleaver offers access to the public free of charge. Our literary quarterly is published in March, June, September, and December.
Is your group affiliated with a University, portal or other agency?
Cleaver Magazine shares cutting-edge art and literary work from a mix of established and emerging voices.
Beth Kephart, Daniel Torday, Rachel B. Glaser
Cleaver reads submissions year-round on a rolling basis. We accept simultaneous submissions, with immediate notification if work is accepted elsewhere. Previously published work is generally not accepted. (See website for details)