- REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN 10:00am
- QUERY LETTER CLINIC A 10:30-11:45am
- QUERY LETTER CLINIC B 10:30-11:45am
- LITERARY AGENTS 101 12:00-1:15pm
- HOW TO GET WORK INTO LIT MAGS 1:30-2:45pm
- LITERARY AGENT SPEED DATING 3-5pm
- THE AUTHOR AND HER TEAM 5-6:30pm
- OPENING LINES CLINIC A 10-11:30am
- OPENING LINES CLINIC B 10-11:30am
- OPENING LINES CLINIC C 10-11:30am
- CASE STUDY OF A NOVEL 11:45-1:15pm
- CASE STUDY OF A POETRY COLLECTION 11:45-1:15pm
- CASE STUDY OF A MEMOIR 11:45-1:15pm
- NATIONAL BOOK FOUNDATION SHOWCASE 1:30-3:00pm
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR WRITERS: HOW TO APPLY TO GRANTS, RESIDENCIES, LITERARY PRIZES 3:00-4:15pm
- MAKING A LIVING 4:15-5:15pm
Program subject to change.
This event made possible through significant support from
And with additional support from
FEATURING } Jody Kahn (Brandt & Hochman). Kent D. Wolf (Lippincott Massie McQuilkin). Sarah Levitt (Zoë Pagnamenta Agency). Nicole Tourtelot (Kuhn Projects). Lisa Grubka (Fletcher and Co). Claire Anderson-Wheeler (Regal Hoffmann & Associates). Harvey Klinger (Harvey Klinger, Inc). Carrie Howland (Donadio & Olson, Inc). Julia Lord (Juliar Lord Literary). Sarah Yake (Frances Collin Literary Agency). Mackenzie Brady (New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.). MacKenzie Fraser-Bub (Trident). Bibi Lewis (The Ethan Ellenberg Literary Agency). Mary South (Lowenstein Associates). Barbara Lowenstein (Lowenstein Associates). Erin Harris (Folio Literary Mgmt). Regina Ryan (Regina Ryan Publishing Engterprise). Adam Schear (DeFiore & Co) Lucas Hunt (Orchard Literary). Laura Biagi (Jean V. Naggar Lit Agency). Renée Zuckerbrot (Renée Zuckerbrot Literary Agency LLC). And more!
This year's many presenters include: National Book Award shortlisted writer Angela Flournoy (The Turner House) in conversation with Harold Augenbraum (National Book Foundation); Alexandra Kleeman (You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine) with editors Cal Morgan (Harper Perennial) and Barry Harbaugh (Little A); Tiphanie Yanique (Land of Love and Drowning) and her publicist Katie Freeman (Riverhead Books); Tin House's Rob Spillman (All Tomorrow's Parties) with his editor Corinna Barsan (Grove/Atlantic) and his agent Bill Clegg (Did You Ever Have A Family); Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Gregory Pardlo with his editor Martha Rhodes (Four Way Books); arts administrators, editors, and marketing/PR professionals from Amazon, A Public Space, The Literary Review, the Millay Colony, Poets & Writers, Stonecutter Journal, and many more. In addition, meet with more than 25 agents from the Association of Authors' Representatives plus a host of publishers and authors eager to share the business of being a professional, literary writer.
For more information: email firstname.lastname@example.org