Guidelines and Instructions
This year, CLMP will be holding an Information Session about the program and application process via Zoom on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at 3PM EST. RSVP here.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must be CLMP members. Non-members may apply for membership up to one week prior to the application deadline. To check membership status, contact Montana Agte-Studier, Director of Membership and NYSCA NYTAP at [email protected]. Note to non-members: a CLMP membership application is available here.
- Applicants must have published at least one title or issue within the past 18 months.
- Applicants must be located in New York State.
- Applicants must not be receiving 2022 funding directly from NYSCA.
- Applicants must be able to complete the consultancy by 6/30/22.
- Applicants must have a consultant identified and confirmed before applying. (If you require assistance identifying a consultant, contact [email protected]).
- Applicants are required to provide a written report to CLMP by 6/30/22.
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Completed Application Form (available at the bottom of this page and submitted through the website).
2. Proposal Narrative (1-2 pages, submitted via email to [email protected]), including the following (numbered headings recommended):
- Project Description: Provide a brief description of the project and the primary goals for this request.
- Consultant Information: Include the consultant’s name, contact information, and résumé. When securing a consultant, you may inform them that they will be paid $600 for 8-10 hours of work. Please have them email [email protected] with any questions about the program.
- Recent Efforts: Describe any recent work in the project area and any results.
- Plans for Consultancy: Describe the expected impact of the consultancy and how the impact will be measured. Be realistic about what can be accomplished in 8-10 hours. Note that these hours include time spent with the consultant (phone or in-person) plus any time the consultant works independently on the project. For example, designing a new website in 8-10 hours would not be realistic, though assessing website needs and developing a plan might be.
- Organization Mission (one paragraph only).
3. Support Materials: Provide one recent representative publication (or appropriate URL for online publications) and up to 3 additional items (i.e. past or current marketing or fundraising materials) related to the project that might inform the assessment of your need. All support materials must be submitted with the Proposal Narrative via email as PDFs.
- Specificity, appropriateness, and feasibility of work plan and goals.
- Potential impact on organizational capacity.
- Completeness of application and clarity of proposal.
- Artistic excellence of submitted publications.
- Priority will be given to applicants that have not previously been awarded a Consulting Program Grant.
- Grantees will receive 8 to 10 hours of consulting time that must be completed by June 30, 2022. Grantees will determine the schedule with their consultant and will be required to inform CLMP of start and finish dates.
- Grantees will work with consultants either in person or virtually.
- Grantees will be required to provide a written report to CLMP at the conclusion of the consultancy.
- January 10, 2022 – Applications DUE to CLMP
- January 18, 2022 – Recipients will be announced
- January – June 2022 – Consulting period
- June 30, 2022 – Final reports due to CLMP
You must be a CLMP Member to apply. If you are already a member, please log in at this time. If you are not yet a member but would like to be, please feel free to Join CLMP online or contact Montana Agte-Studier at [email protected] with any questions.